If you are under the age of 35, it’s recommended to try for one year before seeking help. If you are a woman over the age of 35, then you should only wait for six months before seeking infertility treatment.
- 84% of couples will get pregnant naturally within a year if they have regular intercourse without contraception measures.
- Women under 25 years old have a 96% chance to conceive within a year.
- Women 25 – 29 years old have an 86% chance within one year with a miscarriage rate of 10%.
- Women 30-34 years old still have an 86% chance to conceive within a year but the miscarriage rate increases to 20%.
- Women 35-39 years old could have up to a 78% chance of conceiving within a year but it is recommended to undergo testing to ensure time is not lost.
However, women who have irregular periods, PCOS, or pelvic infections can seek help right away. Additionally, men who have challenges like impotence, erectile dysfunction (ED), or experience premature ejaculation can seek help at any time.